Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fashion Film: Diana Vreeland: The Eye has to Travel



I was flipping the the Chicago International Film Festival guide today and I came across the best of surprises! There's a Diana Vreeland doc!? How this information slipped by me I will never know! If you're not familiar with the great D.V. then here's what you need to know: She became the first fashion editor at Harper's Bazaar in the 1930's, she was in charge of the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan, she was wildly eccentric and brilliant and she once said "Pink is the navy blue of India". She was also a mentor to several very important figures in the fashion world including the great Andre Leon Talley. Need to know more? Check out her memoirs, you will surely be entertained.
Whether you love film or fashion or like me, love both, you must check out this film. I'm sure it's going to be amazing! Check out the link below for the preview!
Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel
Trailer
October 15th @ 7pm
River East

In her Matisse inspired room

Portrait by Andy Warhol




No comments:

Post a Comment